Monday, October 27, 2008

Greater Appreciation for my Wife


This weekend was a pay-back for all the pain I inflicted on my mom growing up, all the times I wouldn't get out of bed, all the times I said mean things to my mom. My wife went away to visit family over the weekend, and it was just me and the kids. My poor wife returned this morning to a house that looked as if a rogue militia came through our village and decided to destroy homes. There was syrup everywhere. Its actually amazing how syrup can spread in a house, and I don't even remember eating pancakes. But I actually don't remember much of the weekend. Thankfully we survived, and my beautiful, wonderful wife is back to restore order. Here's my analogy, Brad Lidge is the great closing pitcher for the Phillies, he comes in and throws fast balls to finish the game. I come in at 6:30 pm and help my wife close out the day. Here's the problem, Brad Lidge can't pitch 9 innings, and I can't manage a house for the whole weekend. I should have embraced it with a better attitude, but you live and learn! Here's a great baseball quote from the former pitcher of the yankees EL Duque Hernandez,

"In my home country, we don't have middle inning relievers, and sometimes you have to pitch back to back days, if the game goes to extra innings, your arm physically won't work anymore, so its then that you have to throw with your heart"!

No comments: