Monday, August 10, 2009

Simplicity, the Eucharist, Family, and joy

I love reading this website every week www.hopereborn.org, its for Our Lady of Hope Community in Florida and around the world, and its a drug and all around school of life for those that struggle the most in society. I actually visited this community when my family and I were on vacation in Florida in March, it was funny because I expected it to be like a monastery with men in full robes, etc. I was in for a surprise when one of the guys cooking dinner had tattoo's up and down his neck. I loved it, these were the worst of the worst in society, and now they are on fire for their faith.

Something really struck me from their last post, and it was 4 words that summed up their community. (Simplicity, the Eucharist, Family, and Joy).

What an awesome road map for all of our smaller communities. If we feel that we are out of sorts, those 4 words are a great path back.

No comments: