Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Best Things about Summer

Now that summer has unofficially kicked off with Memorial day, I wanted to offer some of my personal favorite things. Summer offers so many things to look forward to and enjoy, here's only a few, I hope to contuinue to add to the list over the next week:

1.) Summer Food (Bar-b-q's)- I absolutely love summer food, this could be a list in and of itself, I always think how food reflects God's goodness in so many ways, He could have just made the body to have limited needs from food, and those needs don't have to be enjoyable either, but God made it so that we need food to survive, and we can enjoy it. Corn on the cob, Jersey tomato's, wine or beer while over-looking the ocean at the beach, sea-food, water-ice, this could be a post unto itself. Food is a great opportunity for gratitude.
2.) Swimming- Pools, Ocean, Bay, Lakes- I love it all, and the fun things you can do- Surfing, water-skiing, body-surfing, exercise. Again, water reflects the goodness of God, we need it for survival, but God makes it enjoyable, I even like drinking water.
3.) Increased Family Time- There are so many things to do together as a family in the summer- Beach time, bike rides, concerts together, parades, baseball games, hikes, going for walks together at night time. We need exercise for health, but God makes it fun.
4.) Vacation-

I will add to this list as the week goes on, and please add any comments about the best things of summer;

No comments: