Monday, September 14, 2009

Ode to the Fall


I love doing this for every season, because its a way to remind myself to be on the look out for all the great lessons that nature has to offer. The Fall's easy, here our a few:


1.) The Smells of Fall- The smell of burning leaves, the smell of outdoor fires, the smell of nature dieing, its amazing how good the Fall smells.

2.) The Sites- The Falls greatest gift is how it shocks our system, its so beautiful that it makes us take notice, especially here in the Northeast, driving on the turn-pike and just watching the sheer amount of different colors in nature. This very well might be the biggest benefit of the Fall.

3.) October fest- I love October fest and Fall fests, starting this weekend, I will try to make all of them!

4.) Football- I love watching football, high school, college, pro, it doesn't matter. I was reflecting on why Americans love football so much, and I think its simple, its very easy to watch, the flow of the game lends itself to watching, with the fireplace on, my family around, and a football game on, does life get much better than that?

5.) Food- I love the food that gets kicked off around the Fall, in fact I love it so much that I let it continue all yearlong! Apple cider (I start drinking it in the Fall, and I don't stop) Ginger-snap cookies (Orange Box, Ridiculous) I eat those all year round as well. German Beer- you get the idea!

Those were only a couple things I could think off, I will add more as they come to me!

No comments: