Monday, June 15, 2009

The Joy of Summertime


My kids last day of school was on Thursday and I kept singing The Fresh Princes song Summertime, "School is out, and its kind of a buzz, but back then I didn't really know what it was," (They thought I was crazy) Now I know what it is, summertime is great!, I thought that this morning, so as summer starts next week, here's a little ode to summertime,


1.) No traffic- This week is when you can really start to feel it, no school buses, no crazy parents, just a nice relaxed drive to work for the next 2 1/2 months, get the coffee, the braveheart soundtrack, and I'm good!

2.) Summer-league Hoops- If only I was as good at real hoops as I am at outdoor summer league hoops! I still think the NBA missed out on this great white hope!


3.) The Ocean- My whole family loves the ocean, and from now until October, we make it a goal to be in the ocean on a weekly basis. My theory is that the ocean expands your horizons, anything seems possible. It offers a glimpse of God's greatness, its so big, and so obviously good, but we need to respect the oceans majesty. Pope Benedict makes the point about the doubt an atheist must experience when next to the ocean at night time, when he must say to himself, maybe I got it all wrong!


4.) Vacations- Its so important to step away for awhile, to rest and recoop.


The list goes on, and on! But summer is finally here, and I am pumped!

No comments: